Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fat or Fit at Fifty????

Wow, just typing that Title is depressing. Depressing in the sense that I am 48 (this week in fact) and the amount of time wasted, feeling gross and disgusted with myself.........is half my life. (And when I did look great.........I was too young to know it!!!!)

So I have to ask myself..........why have I treated myself so shabbily. Why have I settled for a lesser verson of me?. Why am I afraid to shine?? Why am I so comfortable with being uncomfortable?

I can guess at the answers for some of these questions. Hopefully, as more information unfolds in my mind, with the Lord's help, I can deal with the negatives in my life.

I'm watching Bob Greene and Oprah.............on what I'm guessing is a re-run............but the information is still valid. "I've got to move to improve!!!" needs to be my new motto. I need to change my life one step, one bite at a time. I can ALWAYS find an excuse to not move..........but I need to take control and create more choices in my life!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I happened upon your blog today by accident... but I think I can totally relate to you!! I have the goal of being fit by 42... but need to move as well! My oldest is 14... and I have 2 more boys behind him then 2 girls... I think the hormonal boy thing is going to do me in!!
Good luck!!

Veronica Lee said...

I can totally relate with you too! I turned 50 this year and my hormones are messing with my weight!

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
Have a nice day!